I know the majority of the way I feel is my own attitude problem. What I should do is focus on the positive things and appreciate this opportunity for what it is and where it will take us, but doing that goes against my true nature, which, as everyone knows, is a hard thing to fight against. I'm not a sparkly, bright-eyed, positive thinker. My "way" is to have low expectations and then hope to be proven wrong. Nice, huh? It usually works out, but I've also learned enough from life that it's not always going to, so its best not to assume everything is going to be peachy. Low expectations means less chance for disappointment, right? I can't imagine loving it there or making any really great friends or feeling at home there. With so many unknowns its hard to imagine anything at all, which is quite unsettling. But every single person I've talked to who has been to Korea or knows someone who lived there has only wonderful things to say about it. It's clean, the people are wonderful, the food is cheap and amazing, we won't want to leave, it's beautiful, etc, etc. But until I know that for myself and experience it, I will feel apprehensive about the whole thing. It's been that way for everyone else but how do I know it will be that way for me? All I can really do right now is wonder, hope, TRY to think positively and try to settle these butterflies in my stomach. I hope I don't have to try too hard to make myself like it if I really don't. Guhhhh...I'm such a downer! Boo, me.
For now I'll try to focus on the fun Christmas (except for the flu part) we had with my parents.
![]() | ||
| Giggling with Nonny |
![]() | ||
A totally Spider-Man Christmas for Toby
|
![]() |
| Happy for Christmas dinner! |
![]() | |
| Sad the rest of us are in bed or the bathroom with the Xmas Flu of 2012 |
household items/car that will be shipped on a boat in several weeks. We'll stay in a hotel for a few nights, soak up a few more hours in the homeland, then get ready for a loooooong flight with the boys. After my last solo five-hour flight with the boys I made a mental note never to travel with Jonah again. That's not working out so well, but at least this time Marc will be with me and he'll have his own seat! That boy!
![]() |
| You don't want to be on a plane with this kid. Trust me. |






You have more courage and strength than you know. Much to do and you're just the person to make it all fun.
ReplyDeleteAmy, I enjoy reading your posts (the few that I've remembered to, anyway). You're a natural writer! I look forward to seeing more once you're over there. Buck up, it's gonna be an adventure and I bet your low expectations will be well exceeded! p.s. I operate that way, too :) Justin
ReplyDelete